I attend because they help me grow in grace and knowledge. I share in the lessons and thoughts from various ones. There my children learn lessons that will help preserve them from the pitfalls of life and prepare them for heaven and eternity. My participation shows to the world my interest in the church and spiritual things — which may influence others for good. My concern for others, my children and my own soul will not let me willfully neglect such activity.
Now, suppose you make a list of reasons why you do not attend the classes:
- “I'd rather sleep late.”
- “It’s too much trouble to get up and get the kids ready.”
- “There's something else I had rather do.”
- “The teacher doesn't interest me."
- “I'm good enough and know enough already.”
- “I need the extra rest (so I can work more overtime and/or engage in more recreational activities).”
Go ahead, make your list. Then present it to God when you pray! If you think God will accept such excuses, I suggest you read (before you reach judgment day) Matthew 6:33, Matthew 25, and Revelation 3:14-21.